Is Gymnastics the right fit for me?
Gymnastics is a fun activity that is the foundation for all sports and physical activity. Gymnastics teaches participants how to move, roll, jump, swing and turn upside down. Gymnastics is an exciting activity and sport for its unique contribution to general fitness, coordination, agility, strength, balance and speed.
Gymnastics is a great way to stay active, improve health and socialise with others. Through gymnastics, children build strong friendships with their fellow gymnasts, bonding over teamwork towards new and exciting goals.
There are providers and activities suitable for all abilities in Liverpool and is a great way
Is this suitable for me?
This activity is for anyone who wants to try something new or maybe go back to the activity you loved in school. Learn new skills, meet new people and stay active! There are numerous providers and activities for all abilities across Liverpool to learn a new activity or one you have participated in before.
How will it benefit me?
Gymnastics has many benefits both physically and mentally:
- Increases Your Flexibility. ...
- Improves Bone Health. ...
- Builds Strength. ...
- Helps To Prevent Disease. ...
- Builds Personal Discipline. ...
- Develops Greater Coordination. ...
- Encourages Focus.
How much will it cost me?
The cost will vary between different providers, so it is worth finding one that suits you best. Try contacting your local provider to find more information about session times and cost.
Can I do this near me?
There are plenty of providers across Liverpool, to join in sessions. To find your local BG Affiliated provider visit https://www.british-gymnastics.org/discover/club
For local non-affiliated providers:
- Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Academy at Childwall Sports College & St Julies High School
- LEAP Dance & Gymnastics at Lifestyles Ellergreen
- M&H Gymnastics Academy at Cardinal Heenan School
** Please check that these providers have qualified coaches and appropriate safeguarding procedures in place, as we cannot guarantee these measures.
How do I start?
- Find a local provider and the friendly coaches & volunteers to help you into the activity. Teaching you the basics and correct technique. Ensure loose and comfy clothing is worn and off you go!
- Not inspired by gymnastics? Want to see other ways you can be active? Click here to visit our activities page