Activities for people with a health condition
Find a local provider who can provide an activity that will benefit your health condition. If you’ve been advised to limit your activity levels by a healthcare professional or are feeling unwell, please seek further advice before taking part.
For more information and advice please email email@example.com to speak to one of the Physical Activity and Sports Development team members.
Low intensity activities
These providers offer activities that will be suit you if you are just starting to exercise.
- Arthritis Action - low intensity chair-based exercises
- Bowl For Health
- **Bowl For Health - New Session**
- Good Boost Aqua Programme
The Good Boost programme is a water based programme, that encourages participants to take part in low intense activities in the pool. Each participant will have access to a tablet computer, inputting details about their medical history to ensure the programme generated is appropriate and at the right level for them. I have put a couple of video links below that are online that hopefully give you an idea regarding the tablets and how they are used. (please note the sessions we currently deliver do not have an instructor it is self-directed participation).
- Feelgood Yoga (virtual)
- Liverpool Sunflowers - online classes and support
- LFC Red Neighbours - online classes
- Make Your Move home based activities
- Mindful People Community: Mindful Yoga
- Merseycare - The Life Rooms
- Versus Arthritis - online exercises
- Virtual Exercise Classes with James Dixon (need to book)
Low to medium intensity activities
For when you are ready to step up a level.
- Aigburth Community Cycle Club
- Everton In The Community Activity Sessions
Kick Cancer Rehabilitation Programme
- Healthiness Limited- exercise classes
- Health Walk at Newsham Park
- Get Going! Running, walking and cycling routes in Liverpool Parks - call 0151 233 6366
- England Netball - Back To Netball and Walking Netball sessions
- Princes Park 5k Your Way - encouraging people living with cancer, either as patient, family member, or friend, to run/jog/walk the 5k on the last Saturday of every month at Princes parkrun www.5kyourway.org / Facebook
- Tennis Sessions (Sefton Park) - now underway on Thursdays at 10am! There is coaching followed by social play. You can also stay for a coffee in the café after the session. For more information please contact David Tenniscollege@aol.com.
For more activities, including home based and group sessions please click here.